When studying about other cultures and religions, I feel that it is important to keep an open mind and not form any assumptions about that culture/religion. This open-mindedness will keep you focused not on what you already think you know, but will keep you focused on learning and accepting other cultures. Asia is a very large continent with much diversity and history, and it is vital to know the basic history on this incredible part of the world.
Thursday, September 3, 2009
Cultural Bias, Pre-conceived Notions.
I feel that it is very important to study Asian history, because although we were all born in a certain country, not only did the history of other countries in the world involve our country at some point, but I feel that it is very important to know about the history of the world around us. Being a student at an international school, I know that I plan on traveling a lot when I'm graduated, and knowing more about where I am will not only be helpful, but it will also be a good personal attribute.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment